Champions

Champions

Murray’s Wimbledon dream crushed yet again

London. Rafael Nadal crushed British hopes of their first Wimbledon champion after 1936 for second time in a row with an emphatic 5-7 6-2 6-2 6-4 win over Andy Murray.

Murray, despite having a great start to the match when he beat Nadal in the first set 5-7, had to bow out with his third successive semifinal defeat at the All England Club.

Defending champion Nadal who will face Novak Djokovic in Sunday's final said, "It's a dream to be back in the final. I feel sorry for Andy, he deserved to be in the final. It's tough for him to lose this match today, but I wish him all the best for the rest of the year," said Nadal.

"I think I played very well. To win against Andy I had to play my best tennis and today I played my best tennis."

No comments:

Post a Comment